Saturday, August 12, 2006

Bangalore Times - III

3rd of August, 1800 hrs
Location: The Guest House

Supposedly all the 8 members were to meet at this hour but looks like its only three of us. Freshened up, had our smokes, had a small something to keep us going till the reception but still nobody showing up. Have no balance in cell phones so cannot even call and co-ordinate. So took up the respective books that we bought and started reading. Destination was Jayanagar which about fifteen kilometers fr0m the place we have put up (Benson Town...No not named after George Benson though it has a lovely romantic atmosphere). It should take us and hour and half to cover that distance because Bangalore traffic is legendary and everyone is well aware of that but still no signs of anyone. Our hunger is getting the better of us when one by one they started dropping by... We had to adhere to a formal dress code so we, the guys stuck to the typical finance professional attire(I begged to differ with a party tie) whereas the girls decided to wear sarees. Now what is wrong with Indian girls...on the drop of the hat they wear sarees...Now formal can be a simple salwar suit too but I guess every girl likes to dress up. Whatever!
Finally after 2 more hours of ordeal we were finally go to go at around 8:15 p.m. Holy Cow!!! But thankfully the signals were all green as I think Bangalore was all geared up for our invasion and wanted to cause as little trouble as possible. So it took us around half n hour to reach and finally we saw a brilliantly lit up place signaling the end of our journey!!
Marriage was in the air...definitely. Our friend was all decked up in suit and stuff. Looked very dashing and beaming with happiness as if he was the one getting married. Oh BTW, forgot to mention that we are so irresponsible and mindless that we even forgot that you need to gift the bride and the groom something! we just landed empty handed. Not even with a bouquet! Yeah...That’s us!
Nonetheless we have this indomitable spirit so we nonchalantly went inside and shook hands with the bride/groom and congratulated them and after a while headed straight to the dinner table to check out the menu( yeah men will be men :D)...that is where it happened!! That is exactly the place where it happened...one of the three musketeers got floored. By floored I mean finished. Have to quote Mario Puzo...Hit by a thunderbolt!!
Personally I despise the color pink but if anything has ever looked beautiful in a pink dress, it is that lady. Out of the world beauty. My words are not good enough to describe her. My friend’s expressions were somewhat close to it! My friend is by the way a non believer in relations and romantic liaisons but this time, struck by a "thunderbolt" we thought he would change his opinion. He could hardly take his eye of the lady till we came to know she is the cousin sister of the guy getting married so in turn the cousin sister of the guy's brother( that’s our friend and host for the night).
So while this episode was going on I felt really hungry and remotely suggested the concept of having dinner. Surprisingly everyone felt the same and we jumped onto a long list of delicacies. After a sumptuous meal we went out to the reception hall and sat there while a live performance was going on. Hindustani Classical gave way to some very melodious all time favorite Hindi and Telegu movie numbers and we were really enjoying our time. Our friend (the godfather guy) was enjoying it exponentially I believe because he is a musical exponent and was exposed to, and I quote, an "ethereal baeauty".yeah she was sitting right in front of us. Graceful as ever!!

More rambling later...

7 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, August 17, 2006, Blogger Ruhi said...

When I started reading this post, i thought u are going for a meeting or something.. lol. Nice meeting though

 
At 4:54 PM, August 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you forgot a gift. A lady in pink, I guess is always pretty in pink.

Oh and I wanted to let you know that I have a really neat template for my blog now. Just click on my name here and check it out. In the top left corner of the page you will see tiny squares. If you click on any one of them you'll change the background, which I just love. You can choose a new background for each page.

 
At 12:54 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Demara said...

Just to let everyone know I changed my comment box on my blog, so now nothing is required!!! I removed code and personalized it by adding some stuff. Check it out! Also, if you ever need to find a post on my blog, you can type keywords into the search box on the top left of any page.

 
At 4:13 AM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Demara said...

Sorry Bala, for the "spam" I just found out it is. Ooops! Demara

 
At 5:54 PM, August 23, 2006, Blogger L&D said...

Wow. It sounds like you are smitten. You know, females can be the end of you. *Grin* And a beautiful female in a saree......lethal combination. I just have to say that sarees are glorious. I have worn one on a few different occasions and I'll tell you this, women feel different wearing them. We FEEL beautiful, we feel confident, we feel sensual. Any woman wearing a saree would be a beautiful ornament on your arm. I envy your culture with its lavish color, uplifting attitude and deep roots. Hopefully your girl will appreciate what she has.

 
At 3:58 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger L&D said...

The two times I have worn a saree I have written quite entertaining stories about my evenings. Both times included embarassing moments. You can check out the pics and stories in my archives, April 30th and the other one is June 26.

 
At 11:39 AM, August 25, 2006, Blogger Aakarsh said...

SOme of the best posts on this blog are these Bangalore chronicles.

Only one wish: You should have written the names too,big-deal..whats the point in maintaining anonymity anyways...

-GodFather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

html hit counter

"A Poet is a dethroned king sitting among the ashes of his palace trying to fashion an image out of the ashes"